Friday, March 30, 2012

Weekends, not so restfull when you fill them.

             This weekend is going to be busy.  It looks like I may have overtime and have to work.  Hopefully, the civilians will volunteer and I can spend the weekend with friends and family. I also have some planning to do as I am heading up the church's brunch for those who serve for the Easter services.  This means I have to plan and coordinate enough to feed about 200 people.  I will have 10 people helping me to cook and serve, I just have to figure out how best to use them and what, exactly, we will be serving.  It sounds harder than it is, I hope.  I have a few ideas and hopefully I can get them into action.  I really need to get to the church and figure out what the kitchen has for us to use and what I need to get provided, I do that Tuesday.  Overall, it should be a fun time.
            As for the rest of this weekend, we are having friends over Friday, going to Friends Sunday, and in between I have a bible study, we need to go grocery shopping, and I need to spend some quality time with the boys.  I fully expect to be exhausted each night when I go to bed.
           Then I get to start the next week with calling for estimates for my septic system.  I still haven't got any and the darn thing needs replaced.  I have so much to do, that the list just keeps growing (I talked about the list a few posts ago.)  Sometime this month I need to get the camper out of storage and get it ready for camping season and the list grows some more.
          Amazing how time off doesn't equal rest and relaxation.  Maybe later, like August when we go on vacation.  Then again, I will be driving and trying to keep kids entertained, so maybe not.  I guess I can get my restful day some time later.
          Thanks for reading and, as always, have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment