Monday, May 2, 2011

A messed up week, house cleaning

   Well, It's Monday.  This is being posted late, due to the fact that I am on duty.  In other words, I get no sleep and get to go home early.  But wait, I have a doctors appointment tomorrow morning at 1000.  Then I get to go home.  Oh, yeah, the mother in law arrives in town Wednesday, so I gotta help clean.  Oh well, another fun week ahead.  I love my mother in law and am looking forward to her arrival.  It's the whole charade we all do.  You know, the one where we spend 3 weeks cleaning and then when the guest arrives you act as though your house is always this clean.  You know and they know that this is probably the cleanest the house has been since the last time they visited, but you both pretend as though you have done nothing to your house in the last 10 years to clean it.  Everything just puts itself away.  The kids are so clean, we don't have to tell them to clean anything.  Yeah, right.  I can't tell you how tempting it is sometimes to leave the house as is and be honest.  "Hey, today was a good day, you can still see half of the couch.  Never mind the layer of dust on top of the book case.  As long as you don't touch it, you can breathe just fine.  And watch your step, teh kid's legos are everywhere.  But as you can see, the house is clearly clean...er than it usually is."  Just once, but then, I also like a happy wife.  This means I will be cleaning the house and acting as if I didn't when the guests arrive.  "Yes, the house is always this clean.  No, we didn't go out of our way to clean it for you.  The carpet is a lovely shade of green, we didn't know....oof...that you liked green." (note: the oof is due to the elbow one recieves when you are about to say something profoundly revealing, like "...that the carpet wasn't brown.")  Anyway, have a wonderful day.  And due to this weeks schedule, I probably won't be posting tomorrow.  Sorry, I like sleep and home more.

No comments:

Post a Comment