Monday, October 31, 2011

A new direction and refocusing.

         I'm back.  Sorry for the lack of posts, last week I was in a transition class that kept me from computers (through sheer lack of time).  It was an awesome class and put out a lot of good information.  Other than that, I have been kept pretty busy. 
         I have done some reflecting and realized that I have been allowing to many distractions to come into my life.  They crept in slowly until, suddenly, the things that I needed to do were on the back burner to things I wanted to do strictly for selfish reasons.  I allowed myself to be distracted by entertainment websites and useless browsing instead of actually putting effort into the things that I needed to get done.  I would justify what I was doing by telling myself that there was no rush until there was.  After last week, I realized that I needed to refocus.  I realized that I needed to prioritize what I was doing and start actually following up with what was happening. 
          The class I was in convinced me that I need to start focusing on what I can do to direct my future and to figure out where I am going.  I allowed myself to be convinced that living in the moment and not worrying about the future was the best way to live.  Why worry when you can enjoy the now?  turns out, if you ride the wave, you eventually crash into the shore.  If you direct yourself just a bit, you can swim out onto the beach instead of the rocks.  I will continue to post daily as it is a way of organizing my thoughts and communicating who I am, but I will be eliminating a few of my regular features to allow me a little more freedom in what I write.  I will continue to have at least one day a week  where I try my hand at humor (I get mixed reviews from my family) to ensure that this doesn't become a blog to cry to, I just won't have it on a regular day.
          I thank you for your support and continued readership.  I will try to make sure I continue to touch on current events and other things that are going on in my life.  Have a great day and keep on trucking.

No comments:

Post a Comment