Monday, February 6, 2012

Not your usual weekend.

           So this has been an interesting weekend.  As you may have noticed, I didn't feel like posting Friday.  I just didn't have anything constructive to say.  Mainly because I found out I was going to go to Graves this week and didn't feel like posting it until I told my wife.  This is a good thing as I can now participate in AWANA without interruption.  It also means I will be on days next month.
            I actually got of at a decent time on Friday and was able to spend some time at home.  Our 2 middle boys had special functions to go to, so we got to have dinner with our oldest and youngest on Friday.  Then Saturday, our second participated in AWANA bible quiz.  He did alright for his first time.  Then we got home and had about 4 hours to set up our food for Sunday's game.   That didn't go so well.  I messed up the hard boiled eggs (i think I overcooked them) and thus was unable to make deviled eggs like I wanted to.  I did set up the ribs though.
            It didn't get any better on Sunday.  I had to work overtime and thus missed church.  I got home around 3pm and we barely made it to our friends house for the game.  The down side was that my wife put the crock pot on keep warm vice low, so we had to wait an extra 2 hours to enjoy the ribs I made.  They still turned out OK, it was just a little disappointing to not be able to eat the ribs when I thought we were going to.  So, yeah, it was an interesting weekend.
          That's about it, so thanks for reading and, as always, have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment