Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentines Day: what's the big deal?

           Please note that the previous post was not meant to be serious in any way.  The writer of it was slightly off his rocker at the time and only just remembered what day you will be reading it on.  What follows is the actual intend post for said special day.

          Happy Valentines day!  Yes, that would be an exclamation point at the end of that.  Yes, I am, in fact, a guy.  No, I am not gay.  Valentines day is one of those days that is set aside for what telling those you love that you do, in fact, love them.  Why there needs to be a special day for that I'll never understand since I tend to do that every chance I get.  Apparently, there are people out there that need to be reminded at least once a year to be nice to their girl.  This post isn't for them.  No, this post is for those of us who use this day as an excuse to get out and treat our special someone to something special.  Something that would normally land us in the doghouse for spending to much on something "unnecessary".  Something we can only do because it is Valentines day.  Things like, taking her out to a fancy (aka expensive) restaurant.  Buying her jewelry.  Getting her flowers and mushy cards. 
           Oh, and don't forget the chocolate, never forget the chocolate.  That is what women love about valentines day (at least that I've observed).  It's the one day out of the year where a woman doesn't feel obligated to complain that her significant other is trying to make her fat by getting her chocolate.  Don't get me wrong, they'll eat it any other time of the year, they just have to accuse you of trying to make them fat while they are eating it.  Not valentines day, though.  Nope, they get to eat it, smile at you, and tell you how much they love you at the same time.  It's like a law or something. 
           The downside for us guys is that we are also obligated to do something mushy and decidedly unmanly.  We have to be romantic.  That's right ladies, you have one day a year (minimum, some guys are overachievers and should be shot) where we go all out and try to be romantic.  One day where we will watch a chick flick without to much complaining.  One day where we will and try to listen and figure things out.  As I mentioned there are some of us who are overachievers, but I don't like bragging. 
          Yes, ladies and gentlemen, Valentines Day is upon us.  I guess I can't help it.  I got to end this with a little love for my wife.  You saw it coming.  You know you did.  I love her and I don't care who knows.  I really don't have time or space to go into detail, but the list of reasons is long and tedious to the uninitiated.  After 16 Valentines days together (I am counting the ones before the wedding by the way), there really isn't much else to say.  Love you dear, always.
         Thanks for reading and, as always, have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment