Thursday, April 19, 2012

My Final PFA

           Yesterday was a somewhat interesting day.  I did my annual Physical Fitness Assessment (PFA) for the Navy.  This involved doing push ups, sit ups, and riding a bike for 12 minutes.  This is supposed to make sure I am physically fit enough to perform my duties (currently, those comprise of sitting at a desk and waiting for someone to need me to watch them work).  I had to do 27 push ups to pass and I managed to get 29 out before I couldn't take anymore.  My shoulder is going bad in case you were wondering.  Today, my shoulder is killing me.  Thank God for pain medication. 
             The great thing is, this is my last PFA I will ever have to do.  This means I am now free to enjoy eating what I like.  No, I am not going to pig out and get fat just because.  I will admit that, yesterday, after I was done, I expressed a desire for "something greasy, something fried, and something sweet and if I could get all that into one bite it would be considered a win."  I am not going to suddenly start eating unhealthily (OK, maybe a little), I am just going to enjoy some of my favorite foods a little more often without worrying about whether or not it will make me fail the next PFA.  This also means, my wife no longer has to nag me about what I am eating (at least not until I go up a pants size).
              There are just so many things I enjoy eating.  Food has become something I am passionate about.  I don't think I could cook for a living, but I sure could go for being a food critic.
              Anyway, thanks for reading and, as always, have a great day.

2 comments: