Monday, April 23, 2012

Why are weekends so full?

           This weekend was an interesting mix of events.  First of all, we were blessed by a visit from my brother-in-law, Joe.  The downside is that we didn't get to dedicate a day to hang out with him since we had so much other stuff already planned.  But I am getting ahead of myself.  Friday afternoon, we had a septic expert come out and lay out what exactly would be required to repair our septic system.  The upside is that it is going to cost about half of what we thought.  The downside is, that we will most likely have to change the listing for our house from a three bedroom to a two bedroom which could cost us significantly.
            Saturday started off well with my bible study in the morning.  Joe joined me and we had a good discussion on Luke Chapter 12.  It was a good time in all.  Immediately after that we went next door to help my boys build pinewood derby cars.  The bodies were cut and mostly painted by noon which was the end of the event.  That was a good thing as I had to go to work at 1:30.  We got home, ate lunch, and then spent what little time I had left before work discussing the problem with my disc drives on my Computer.  I never did fully find out what my family did while I was at work, but I will assume they had a good time.  Sunday morning we had church.  Then we had about an hour to get back to the church to finish the boys' cars.  Then at 4:30 I had another meeting at church.  We finally were able to sit down and enjoy each other's company for about 3 hours until we had to go to bed.
          Overall, it was a great weekend that went well.  I now have to go to the pier so, I will sign off for the day.  Thanks for reading and, as always, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment