Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Weekly Update

         Things are getting interesting now as the holidays approach.  We are just 17 days from opening night on the play and rehearsals are getting intense.  There is so much I have to do and so much we need to do that it has become a grand scramble to iron out the wrinkles and get the final touches done.  I am so looking forward to the final show.  Actually, I am looking forward to when I can actually get sleep at night.  That won't happen regularly until January though.
           To make things even more interesting, there is a safety stand down this week which means I will end up odd shifting one day so that I can go.  I find out tomorrow whether this means I go after being on grave shift all night, or whether I have to go back to work for grave shift after spending all day in the stand down.  Either way, I am not looking forward to it.  I really don't know which would be worse, getting a night off then having to spend all day in a theater being bored and going in that night or trying to stay awake after being up all night.  I kinda think the second would be better since I have to go on a Friday.  We'll see what happens.
             Other than all that, things are going well.  I spent some time talking with my brother in law the other day and am glad that he is doing well.  He is flying to my home town to spend Thanksgiving with my sister.  That should be a blessing.  And I am looking forward to Thanksgiving as well.  Since I will be working graves the night before Thanksgiving, we have decided to celebrate Thanksgiving on Friday so my wife doesn't have cook Thanksgiving dinner while I sleep and she can actually enjoy her games.  Should be fun all around.
              I am out of things to say tonight.  Hope you all have a wonderful day and find yourselves blessed these holidays.  Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment