Friday, July 29, 2011

Apologies and updates

    First off, I need to apologize for yesterday's post.  I was cut off in the middle of writing it as I was sent to the other office.  After re reading it, I realized just how bad a light it put on my wife and I apologize.  My wife is a very supportive and caring woman.  The post was meant to be a humorous inward look at how money can affect the questions we ask verses what is actually meant and it failed at that.  There may have been a small amount of truth to some of it, but I did not need to air it out here.  If I say I can fix something, my wife is very supportive.  The same is true if something is broke and I say I can't fix it.  As for the "it's fine portion," that is only partially true.  I exaggerated it quite a bit.  The truth is, that as long as it isn't dangerous and performs its function for the most part, she does insist it is fine, and it usually is, otherwise she does allow me to get something new when we can afford it.  Being a man, I just want it to work perfectly or I "need" something new.  This doesn't give me the right to make fun of my wife.  I truly love her and I was wrong to have hurt her so.
      Now that that is out of the way, I can get to the meat of my comments.  My Brother in law, Joe arrived yesterday (we knew he was coming and he was invited, so sit down.)  This makes for some interesting conversations.  My wife will yell for Joe, and she gets two guys wondering what they did wrong.  Just kidding, when she yells Joe, I know she mean me and I can usually figure out what I did.  It's the softer "what do you want to do, Joe?" that gets us.  We decided to go camping tonight.  It should be interesting as we will be camping at the campsite near us.  At least we have some clue of what we are doing and can avoid the whole what do you want to do conversation.  It really is great having him out here.  We have good conversations and connect on so many things.  Unfortunately, I have duty on Sunday which means I won't be able to see him off.  This also means you probably won't get a Manic Monday post again next week, but may get a Sunday post instead.  Well, I have stuff to do, so I will sign off for today.  Have a wonderful weekend, and enjoy your time with family.  And yes dear, I am sorry for yesterday and I do love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment