Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Nothing of importance

           Yesterday went nothing like I planned.  First I got home and was getting ready to go under the house when my wife got home from the car dealer (she got the oil changed in the van).  She informed me that the van needed it's brakes fixed.  So we decided to look into what it would cost to get them fixed elsewhere and ended up spending the afternoon getting them repaired.  After we got home, I did some more trouble shooting and realized that the problem with the toilet wasn't a clog, but a backed up septic system.  So we have the septic guy coming this afternoon to pump it.  As we were taking stock of our savings and determining what repairs we could afford, we realized that, with what we had saved, we could afford to get the dryer repaired as well (it squeaks as it dries).  In other words, our savings is now gone and we should be good on repairs for a while.  Thank God we are actually able to put a little in savings each paycheck.
           I have no idea what to write about today and am wondering where I should go with this post.  After yesterday's rant on the 2nd amendment, I really have nothing else to say, for now anyway.  Things being what they are, I am a bit preoccupied with the aforementioned home problems and where to go from here.  I have so much suddenly on my plate, that I have to wonder if I was just putting everything off until later.  That being said, I think I will sign off for today before I decide to change my mind and go on another rant. 
          Thank you for reading and, as always, have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment