Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Bad Days: reality or perception

           This morning was interesting.  My alarm went off at the usual time and I hit the snooze, as usual.  I woke up on my own an hour later and had to rush to get to work.  I was late and still have no clue what happened.  At least this is so out of the ordinary for me (I am usually the first one in) that all my boss said was, "it happens."  Hopefully, the rest of today goes better.
           I find so many things hinge on how the day starts.  I think it is more a matter of perception than reality.  I find that if I start a day off badly, like today, I tend to be more attuned to the downside of events than otherwise.  The funny thing is, when I have a day that starts of great, I start watching for the bad stuff to bring me down.  Makes me wonder, is this true for everyone, or just me?  I try to be proactive and approach every day and event as an individual thing, expecting the best out of it.  The problem is, in the back of my mind, I hear this little voice that reminds me how the day started and how it should go.  I guess it is just another thing to work on.
            I really don't have much going on.  I started working out again yesterday in preparation for my upcoming physical fitness assessment (it is still over 10 weeks away) since I have 15 pounds to lose.  My wife and I have been working out together and are working on ways of gently reminding each other that it is time to exercise.  I really don't like working out.  I know it is necessary and something I need to do, I just don't like it.
          That's about all I have for today.  Thank you for reading and, as always, have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment