Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Happy Hump Day isn't very happy. ( just sorta happy)

            Happy Hump Day isn't very happy.  The thumb is still sore.  Not as much as it was, but still sore.  So, because I hate to disappoint, I will regale you with a short anecdote from this weekend.  After I cut my thumb I was sitting in the ER waiting for them to figure out how they were going to treat me.  They had already removed the bandage I had applied and were looking at what to do next.  While they were waiting, (note that my thumb was still leaking slowly), they decided I needed a tetanus shot. 
             As the corpsman went to put the shot into my right arm (note that the thumb in question is the right thumb), I quipped, "aren't you afraid it's going to leak out the thumb?" 
             He stopped with the needle an inch from my arm and gave me a look that said, "did I just hear you right?"  I just gave him my best innocent smile and he burst out laughing.
            Unfortunately, that was the last of the laughter for a while, but at least I was able to keep my sense of humor (what there is of it anyway).
             Hopefully that will hold you off for a while.  Thank you for your support and prayers.  Have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment