Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Weekend update with a side of wow.

         I started my story site yesterday.  I hope those of you that found it enjoyed it.  I should be able to add to it today as I am the late guy.  I have an Idea of where it is going, just no idea how it is going to get there.  Hopefully, I can get there in an interesting manner.
         Since I didn't give a report on the weekend yesterday, let me get you caught up.  The weekend was an interesting one.  It started off with a party for my work at a nearby park.  The kids had a blast and we all managed to have a wonderful time.  We then went to a church rally to prepare for Sunday's serving day.  We called it "The Church Has Left the Building."  On Sunday, there were no actual services.  Instead a majority of the church (over 400 volunteers) went out into the community to serve.  The church did things like cleaning up yards in an older community, cleaning up a cemetery, a positive protest at the local base (we held signs that thanked the service members for their service and cheered for them), and we also had a free car wash.  I was at the car wash from 12:30 until around 4:30 and we washed 83 cars in just the afternoon (the morning crew only did 80).  It was amazing to see the looks on peoples faces when we told them it was completely free, no donations allowed (we strictly enforced that bit).  It was a great time.  Even the kids got into it.  There is something to be said for serving the community.
        And that was the weekend.  This week should be interesting.  We need to get ready for our final camping trip of the year.  We need to make sure the camper is packed and we have everything we need.   We have to do this around a busy schedule and we don't even have our meals planned so we know what food we need to take.  In all, it should be fun.  Not much else to say.  If you have a chance, keep an eye out for the link to my other blog "Joe's Story time" and take a gander.  I tried to make it one post per page so you can read the story in order.  As always, thanks for reading, and come again.

No comments:

Post a Comment