Thursday, September 29, 2011

Happy birthday to my Wife.

         Today, I get the privilege of wishing a happy birthday to my wife.  Throughout the years we have had a wonderful time.  2 years of dating followed by 13 years of marriage makes for a lot of memories and interesting times.  Sure, I make jokes about some things (take yesterday's post as an example), but she takes them in stride.  If you haven't met me, I tend to be sarcastic and sometimes a bit weird in what I find funny.  Morose, may be a better term, but then again, so might sadistic.  Yes, I go overboard and point out flaws.  I don't do it to be mean, I do it because I find it funny (that whole weird sense of humor thing) and sometimes my sarcasm doesn't come across as such.  I have gotten better though, and I get to blame her for it.  That's right, she keeps me on the straight and narrow.  If I make a joke that isn't quite what I thought it was, funny, she is quick to point out that no one is laughing and why.  This usually requires that I apologize to someone while I explain the joke as I saw it.  Thus she saves me from alienating a lot of friends.  In fact, I actually say those type of jokes a lot less because she has directed my sense of humor a little more to the normal side.  Weird how that works.
         Guess what I am saying is, I love my wife and all she has done for me.  I hope her years on earth are more than mine (though not to many more, I tend to get impatient and don't know how long I could last up there without her).  Have a wonderful birthday, dear.  Oh, did I mention that she is the only woman I have met that when she says she doesn't want anything, she actually means it?  Yup, I have a winner.  Love you dear, Happy 3..ow... OK, no age, Happy Birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment