Sunday, December 4, 2011

Bonus post: Overtime and more.

           Bonus post!  Gotta love having to work overtime.  I understand the idea that as a member of the military I am to follow orders, but when you are directed to do something that ruins whatever plans you might have had while on shore duty, common sense would say some compensation is in order.  While it may be true that I don't typically average a 40 hour work week on shore duty, that doesn't change the fact that my weekend is essentially ruined.  Instead of enjoying time with my family and going to church tomorrow, I will be sleeping.  Instead of sharing the bed with my wife this weekend, I get to share my feelings with you.  Not that I don't enjoy sharing my feelings with you, it is just that I prefer my wife and my bed to being at work.  Oh, well, guess I am just stuck with it.  Besides, I am just complaining really.  The fact is, the job really isn't that demanding and my bosses do allow me to take time off when I ask for it.  They just want to nix the idea that we are entitled to it and I understand that.  Once you let people think they are entitled to something, they stop asking for it and just start taking it.
            Wow, I really went off, didn't I?  Subject change!  The play tonight went awesomely.  I think we nailed what we missed and discovered new ways to improve.  I'll get the notes tomorrow, but in all reality, I am happy with how things are going.  We actually sold out for the second night.  I also found out that we have one show with only 2 seats left and another with only 1 (both are next Saturday).  Overall, we only have around 100 tickets left and 5 shows left to go.  I almost think we should add another weekend.  Then again, maybe not.  I am exhausted.  Between doing the show and then immediately working all night, I am not getting much sleep.  It doesn't help that I naturally wake up when sunlight hits me.  Thus, once I get enough sleep to make sure I don't pass out standing up, my body wakes me up.  This means I am sleeping about 4 to 5 hours a day while on graves.  Thankfully, god is giving me the strength. 
               Enough of a downer.  If you haven't got your tickets to the show and you are in the area, better hurry up.  thank you for reading and have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment