Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The evolution of my Christmas.

           Things are weird right now.  I have the nagging suspicion that I am missing something.  I either forgot something or am not seeing something I should.  I can't help but think that it has something to do with something important, I just don't know what it is or what it is for.  The worst part is, this vague description isn't helping either.  Oh well, must not have been that important (how many times have I said that only to be proven wrong). 
           You know the holidays are near when everything you do is based on one day a week or more away.  Yes I am talking about Christmas.  When I was single, I really didn't think about it to much.  It was just a day that the stores were closed, there wasn't much on TV and I didn't have to work.  It came and went and I had nothing to worry about.  Oh, I might buy a gift for a friend, but that was one day and not much else.  Then I got married.  Christmas got a little more complicated.  I now had to decorate the house a little bit and get a tree.  Then we exchanged gifts and had friends over for Christmas dinner.  It was still a pretty easy thing.  Not a lot of effort or time was spent on planning or set up.  We didn't spend a lot of time discussing the Christmas budget, we just spent what ever was left after bills and groceries on gifts. 
           Fast forward about 10 years.  We now have four wonderful kids and we have spent the last month trying to figure out what our budget is.  We have tried to determine what we are going to spend, not only on the kids, but on us as well.  We spent nearly a week discussing our families out of state and what to do for them.  Then we procrastinated and didn't do much.  We have scheduled Christmas and planned meals.  We are running in circles trying to figure out what to do while the kids are off from school.  It just never stops.  The sad thing is, I haven't found any other way to make sure our boys enjoy Christmas.  The kicker?  We actually enjoy it a bit. 
           Yup, Christmas is upon us and is rapidly catching up to us.  Pretty soon, we will have to start planning and shopping in October (we already should have started in November, we just procrastinated a bit to much).
           Thank you for reading and have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment