Friday, December 16, 2011

Last message of the year 2011.

          This will be my last post of the year as I start my holiday season with my family.  This has been a great year for me in many ways and a difficult one in others.  In all though, I have enjoyed it.  Since this is my last post of the year, I think I will leave you with a few brief thoughts.
           I imagine many of you wondering what you will do for the next year.  Will the new year bring joy or heartache?  Perhaps a bit of both.  Will it bring comfort or will it be overly difficult?  The funny thing is it really doesn't matter.  I look forward to the new year.  I look forward to finding out what is in store for me.  Every day is a gift I get to open one minute at a time.  Sometimes that gift contains coal, other times it contains something shiny.  The funny thing is, the coal will keep you warm for hours while the shiny thing may only hold your interest for a few minutes.  Granted if the shiny thing is a new furnace, it might keep you warm for quite a bit longer, but I digress.  I guess what I am trying to say is, open each day with an expectation of joy and the little bit of wonderment at what it will contain and you will find that most days you won't be disappointed and the days you are will be a little less painful. 
          With that in mind, have a merry Christmas and a happy New Year.  Thank you for reading, and as always, and for the last time this year, have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment