Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas foods: Or how to gain 10 pounds and enjoy every minute of it.

           It's a new week and time for the weekend update.  To begin, I guess I have to start with the final days of the show.  They went great.  My sons and wife enjoyed it and in all it was a great time.  The final cast party is tonight and I am looking forward to it.  In all, it was a great time and I thoroughly enjoyed it. 
           That actually covered the weekend.  Between the show, sleep and church I really didn't have time for much else.  I did get to make my first batch of divinity today and it turned out awesome.  I look forward to enjoying more of it at the wrap party tonight. 
           Now for the fun stuff.  Since I didn't get any comments or suggestions for themes for this week, I think I will go themeless.  Themes get in the way of free thinking and free flowing thoughts anyway.  Today i think I want to talk about Christmas foods.  When I think of Christmas foods, the first thing that comes to mind is the vast array of candies.  Divinity is the first that comes to mind.  I love it, but I only make it at Christmas time.  Same thing with fudge.  Why?  Why do I limit myself to these treats once a year?  I guess mainly because I tend to gain so much weight when I eat them.  Then there is the question of Christmas dinner.  The variety of what is acceptable for Christmas dinner is as varied as, well, the candies available.  Some believe ham is the only way to go, while others tend toward a repeat of Thanksgiving with turkey.  Still others end up with a Hodge podge of meals that would blow your mind.  I lean toward the whatever is in the stocking and around the house, but I follow my wife's wishes and make a meal for supper.  We've been sticking with ham the past few years, so that is probably where we'll go this year.
            So what is your favorite Christmas food?  What about dinner, do you go ham, turkey, or the more traditional goose?  Or is there something else that you just can't do without on Christmas?  Either way you look at it, Christmas is yet another holiday, that is, at least partially, defined by its food.
            Have a great day and thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment