Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Apologies, Fixing things, and QA: three things that go together but are mutually exclusive.

  So, I was at home last night and it came to me that I came off as a bit of a whiny jerk in my early post on Monday.  I need to apologize for that.  I really didn't want to sound like I was whining, I know there are those out there who have it worse and that it could be worse for me.  It was an undesirable situation, but it was still my job.
    Now that that is done, what to write on today?  How about I just update you all on current events.  A few weeks ago I mentioned fixing the camper.  Well, I got it done.  It cost $400 dollars, but it is fixed.  Now we just need to load it out for camping and hope the weather holds out.  We are going to try for this weekend, but we'll see.
    Now for the fun part.  I just finished a 30 minute discussion with a surface Chief about the use of QA signs.  I think he was more confused when he left than when he arrived.  The sad thing is, he was right and wrong at the same time.  It just goes to prove that you should never get into an argument on QA with people who do it for a living.  Whether you are right or wrong, you'll never know because we'll never tell you.  And when we do, it will be with so many caveats that you're sure to mess one up, then you're wrong again.  The saddest part of all this is, QA changes so quickly and so often understanding it is like trying to hold on to warm jello with oil covered latex gloves while hanging upside down, darn near impossible (although I am sure there is at least one joker out there who can do it and make it look easy.)  Sometimes I love my job.
   Anyway, I think that about covers it for today.  Have fun and I'll see you tomorrow for Happy Hump Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment