Friday, June 17, 2011

Summary of the week.

    So, I got switched to swing shift which is why this is late today.  Now that that bit of business is done, on with the tribute.
   As I close out the week long Honoring of my father, I can only hope that this week has given you some food for thought.  I know it has for me.  It has brought up a lot of memories, good and bad.  It has also helped me to realize just how much my father means to me, a said in yesterday's post.  I really can't add much more to what I have already written over the past week.  I remember sitting and listening to dad's tales of hunting, camping, and fishing growing up and wanting so much to be as adventurous and wild as he was.  I realize now that it shaped my life such that I want to do those things with my boys.  I look forward to camping with them.  I remember the pride I felt when my boys brought in their first fish.  I look forward to many more.  While being a father is a tough job, I find that the joy outweighs any pain or suffering that is associated with it.  Raising children is also one of the greatest learning experiences you'll ever have.  It teaches you patience, how to clean and dress a moving target, what foods stain the worst, and most importantly, what your breaking point is.  At some point in every parents life, your kids will find the button that gets you the most angry and then beat on it until you snap, just to see what happens.  They usually do it at a young enough age that they can use their cuteness to calm you before any permanent damage is done. 
   Thanks again, dad, for all you taught me and instilled in me.  Thanks for all you do.  Oh, and Happy Father's day.

No comments:

Post a Comment