Thursday, June 9, 2011

Random Thursday Thoughts

   So today is change of command.  Conveniently, I forgot bits and pieces of my uniform so I didn't have to participate.  I did however have to sit in the office and work, which makes me the late guy today.  Oh well.  So I was thinking that there has got to be a better way to do yard work.  I decided it was time my kids started doing it.  So tonight I get to see my 9 year old push the mower for the first time.  I hope he can do it.  That way he can get it done while I am at work this summer.  If not, I will give him other things to do.  There is so much that I need to to do.  Especially since I need to put the house up for sale so I can have it sold before I retire.  The backyard has holes and hills and needs a bit of smoothing.  Both the front and back need re-seeding.  I have a strip of yard under the front window that needs landscaped (namely weeded, matted, and rocks put down).  Not to mention I need to put gravel down in my parking space and fill some holes there as well.

    Enough of my yard woes.  I am so looking forward to doing stuff with my boys this summer.  I need to get my fishing license so I can take them fishing.  I  really do want to do some fishing with them.  The ponds here on base are stocked and I know the boys will love it.  They have been bothering me to let them practice casting.  Mathew is getting pretty good and John and David are already pretty decent at it and are working on accuracy vice distance now.  I so look forward to it.  I also think Laura will enjoy the experience of camping at new places this summer.  We have already decided that we have to go to Mt Rainier this summer.  Not sure when we will start as I still have a lot to do to the camper to get it ready.  I think the boys would try to sleep out in the backyard in their tent if Laura would let them.  I don't know whether they would last the night or not, but it would be interesting.  I don't know if I could resist trying to scare them (Laura might be able to stop me, but I would probably try anyway).  At least the weather is turning nice now.  Oh well.  Not much else is going on.  I will continue to write daily when I can.  If you have ideas for topics, please write it in the comments.  I have started to notice that I am quickly running out of ideas.  Thanks and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment