Friday, June 10, 2011

Friday randomness and ranting

   So it's Friday.  The end of the week for most, just one more day for me.  The reason?  I have duty tomorrow.  24 hours of fun (not sarcasm) and running in circles.  Looks like you may get a bonus edition this week.  Oh well.  Today, I need to weed eat and stop at the RV shop to set an appointment for my trailer.  If it doesn't cost to much, I will set it for after next payday, otherwise, I will set it for as soon as I can.  I am afraid that it going to cost me more than I really hope, but I can't do the work myself (I have no clue what I am doing) so I will have to pay an expert to do it.

   Anyway, it looks as though it will be an interesting weekend.  Hopefully, I can get enough sleep on my duty day, so I don't have to miss church.  It has been a long week.  Then again the first week back after leave always is.  Especially if you are used to going non stop and you have a desk job that is 99% waiting for someone to need you and 1% watching other people work.  The only excitement in my job is trying to figure out which websites to visit that are 1. interesting, 2. safe, 3. allowed, and 4. not overly repetitive.  The only problem is, that for some reason, when you become the boss, you forget that you have nothing to do except search the Internet and you aer expected to keep busy.  About every 3 or 4 months we get told that we are wasting to much time on the Internet and we need to stop.  They then tell us that we can't read non work related material (if they said books, we'd read newspapers and magazines) or do puzzles.  "If you're bored, read the tech manual."  Try reading the manuals for all you electronic equipment at home for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week and see how long you last.  Oh, and sleeping at work is definitely not allowed.  After a week of everyone in the office congregating in one location and have a large and loud conversation about nothing, they tend to change their stance and allow "limited" surfing.  In other words, go back to what you were doing.  It always amazes me that this continually repeats.

    Wow, I really went off there didn't I?  Guess I should just relax and let it go.  Anyway, You all have a wonderful weekend and enjoy yourselves.  Keep a stiff upper lip and all that jazz.

No comments:

Post a Comment