Friday, June 24, 2011

Weekends: time to relax by keeping busy.

   So, after a full week on swings, I can officially say, thank God it's Friday.  This week has been interesting to say the least.  I realize more and more why I dislike swings.  It seems that just as you get going on a project, you have to stop to go to work.  Take today for example.  The grill for my camper has a case that is falling apart, so I decided to make a new one.  I went out yesterday and dropped $18 on materials (denim, zippers, etc.).  Today I cut the pieces and started putting it together.  I got about 1/2 done before I had to stop for lunch and then get ready to leave for work.  So, now I have to figure out when I can finish it between our plans for Saturday and Sunday and still get the other chores around the house done.  This makes 2 half finished projects at my house (De-mossing the roof is the other one).
    On the bright side, I got the word that the sermons I missed last year are going to be ready for me to pick up soon.  I so enjoy listening to the series over again on my way to and from work.  It really helps me to focus and gives me something to think about.  I finished "CSI: Iran, a Look into the book of Esther"  yesterday and I have nothing to listen to until I get the new series.  I may start one of the old ones over again, but I don't know.
    This weekend is looking pretty busy as well.  We have reservations to see Cars 2 in the morning and then in the evening Laura is heading out with friends.  Sunday of course is Church followed by an afternoon of whatever (we are still unsure of what to do).  At first I was thinking of doing a pork loin for supper Sunday, but now that I think on it, I really want to grill something.  What I am not sure of right now, but I will most definitely look into what I want to do and plan for it for Sunday.  To bad my wife doesn't know it yet, she could help decide (Yes, dear I know you read this and this is a not so subtle hint).  Oh well.  Maybe tomorrow won't be as busy as I think.
   Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy what you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment